BunkerLove 2013 moved on the coast of Northern Denmark on the first three Sundays of July. The festivals included a huge variety of art forms and artists, and the line-up and transformations presented in the program and LIVE exceeded our wildest expectations. We are pleased with our three stops on the Atlantic Wall:
- Sunday 7 July we presented ALERT BunkerLove 2013 in Hirtshals which examines themes of occupation, collaboration and transformation along the Atlantic Wall.
- Sunday 14 July we had a CHILLED BunkerLove 2013 in Grønhøj with a sole bunker which has already been occupied by friendly forces.
- Sunday 21 July we presented PEOPLE’S BunkerLove 2013 in Furreby, where we aimed to celebrate and perhaps also question human fortitude through alarming works of art.
Besides the 3 festivals, BunkerLove hosted other events:
- Saturday July 6 at 19.30 – Warm-up Pecha Kucha evening at the Nordsøen Oceanarium
- Saturday July 13 at 19.00 – In A Silent Wave in Aalborg in collaboration with Platform 4
- Spoon River anthology for bunker landscapes A Walk in the Dark plays at all festivals and on additional dates in the Hirtshals bunkers and Vendsyssel Plantation.
- After-party at Platform 4 in Aalborg on August 16.
- Photo Exhibition tour with Chris Brock Photography, which opened at Nordkraft, Nov 15: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark
THANK YOU! The festivals in 2013 came to life with the financial support of Region North Denmark and through numerous partnerships, exchanges and through the good will and excellent contributions from the involved artists, members, volunteers, friends and family.