With the support of KulturKANten and Hjørring municipality we invite you to attend:
- Rainbow BunkerLove Festival in Hirtshals, Sunday July 6, 2014
- Free BunkerLove Festival in Furreby by Løkken, Sunday July 13, 2014
We further invite you to attend 3 exhibitions in Denmark and work to move our project outside of Denmark with a Peace Caravan in 2015.
We make use of the experiences and relations which have developed through our festival and association activity in 2012 and 2013. We work with artists who have already transformed their first bunkers, and with artists still to be introduced.
The BunkerLove Peace Caravan will most likely be headed towards the Netherlands and Normandy, we are open to input for its content and participators, as well as in where along the Atlantic Wall to first start looking for BunkerLove. Please write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign up for our newsletter for new artworks and to follow the development.
BunkerLove in 2013 moved on the coast of Northern Denmark on the first three Sundays of July. The festivals involved a huge variety of art forms and artists, and the line-up and transformations exceeded our wildest expectations. See photos, artists portraits and programs from each festival:
- ALERT BunkerLove 2013 in Hirtshals (Sunday 7 July) which examines themes of occupation, collaboration and transformation along the Atlantic Wall.
- CHILLED BunkerLove 2013 in Grønhøj (Sunday 14 July) which smothered a Regelbau 668 with machine gun position in art, music, drama, draft beer and love.
- PEOPLE’S BunkerLove 2013 in Furreby (Sunday 21 July), which aimed to celebrate and question human fortitude through alarming works of art.
A Walk in the Dark – Spoon River anthology for bunker landscapes – played at all festivals and on additional late evenings in the Hirtshals bunkers and Løkken Plantation.
THANK YOU! The festivals in 2013 came to life with the financial support of Region North Denmark and through numerous partnerships, exchanges and through the good will and excellent contributions from the involved artists, members, volunteers, friends and family.
BunkerLove short films ‘Ein Stern‘ and ‘A Mare‘ by Marcelo Felix are available along with various documentation of activity on our vimeo page, and we have a touring exhibition of Chris Brock’s artists portraits from BunkerLove 2013, which has moved from Nordkraft in Aalborg to Jammerbugt town hall and Hjørring library, and will be part of exhibitions for Culture ferry Om:form during Aalborg Regatta, Museum Center Hanstholm, and in Copenhagen.