Livia Fonden på FacebookBunkerLove is a brand new association, counting a founding board of 3, thrilled that the first members tick in! The smallest challenge we have is to figure out ‘who gets the money’ in case we close up shop, as we barely got started yet and working on fundraising. As an association you need a statute for that though, and we quickly agreed that the Livia Fonden på Facebook in support of creative ways to solve conflicts would be a worthy taker. And the Livia foundation fortunately knows how to party:
Saturday, June 16th 2012 18.30 at Edison Stage in Betty Nansen Theatre, the Livia Foundation awards:
- Jakob Johannsen and Somali Fair Fishing. A Danish-Somali project aiming at enabling young Somali people to choose fishing over piracy.
- Parents Circle – The Family’s Forum, a Palestinian-Israeli organization working for reconciliation and an amicable settlement. Each have lost close family yet courageously meet the enemy to break a vicious circle.
- Ramazan Tas and “From Vandalism to Networking”, a project initiated by Lejerbo to create network, good collaboration and solutions to conflicts between the residents in the apartment buildings.
- See all 80 Nominees for the LIVIA Awards 2012
The prizes are awarded to spirited individuals, who pioneer new processes in conflicts and approach those peacefully and creatively by:
- encouraging communication between opponents and adversaries
- keeping in touch with the opponent and insisting on dialogue and negotiation
- noticing an escalation early on and go to great lengths to ensure a détente
- creating watersheds in escalated conflicts
- fighting for ones conviction without the use of violence
- supporting all parties after a given conflict to ensure a cordial cohabitation and the potential for a reconciliation
- organising a concrete strategy for conflicts in local societies.